Thursday, June 25, 2009

Where's my luggage?

Thursday June 25
So, I arrived in Cape Town, last night around 9 pm, Cape time. It was 2 or so, back home. As soon as we got to immigration, I heard my name paged, which I knew was bad. Of course, my luggage was still in Amsterdam. I will hopefully have it tomorrow morning. I have to call today and have it delivered to the Check Inn. I washed my underwear in the sink with hand soap and hung it to dry in my room. I hope the University isn’t really strict on that dress code because tomorrow, it looks like I’ll be wearing a jogging suit again. The room is small and the bathroom smaller, I’m glad we’re not sharing while we’re here.
The flight was loooooooooooonnnnng OMG! I have never sat for that long before, a total of 23 hours in flying time + an additional 2 waiting on the Minneapolis tarmac while Delta worked out engine problems. I never have good luck flying Delta, ask Darrin about when we flew with them for that horrible Hawaiin trip.
Everyone in the group seems really normal and likable. Kori is from Hawaii, and we chatted quite a bit. Kathy loaned me 10 Rand and some shampoo for tomorrow morning. Maile is conversational and fun to talk to. Elayna put together power point slides with pictures and brief bios so we can get names and faces quicker. Debra was kind enough to loan me her “onflight” toiletry bag with lotion and toothpaste. Hopefully my luggage will be here before we get back to the hotel tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment