Thursday, June 25, 2009

Say g'night, SA

Thursday June 25 10:00 pm

Just back from the V and A Waterfront, where I bought a new outfit for tomorrow. KLM has assured me that my luggage will be here tonight, but it hasn't come yet. After a rigorous round of lecture on the geography and survival tips about S. Africa, a bunch of us went to a pub and watched the first half of the Brazil v. SA soccer match. Rowdy group.

I met a bunch of retired Scotts and took their picture. They asked to buy me a bear and told me they left their wives at home b'c they had been married too long. Nice guys, retired now and following the England Lions, their rugby team around SA. Tomorrow, we go back the University of the Western Capefor a series of history seminars. Pictures will be forth coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment