Saturday, June 20, 2009

T minus 2 days and counting

Yesterday I got my toes and nails trimmed and painted, just clear on my hands and short nails. I know that I won't be keeping them painted in South Africa. Today, I repacked, bought a larger suitcase, on sale at Macy's and loaded it up. 59 lbs on my home scale, that's over weight, but I'll pay the fee. At least it's all in one suitcase, even if I can't lift it more than a foot from the ground. I also bought a jogging suit to wear on my 1 1/2 day flight from Seattle to Minnesota to Amsterdam (where I meet up with the gang) and then it's on to Cape Town.

We've been adivsed to make sure we print out our itinerary because Cape Town is known to hassle people who can't prove they have a return flight.

My friend Stephanie gave me a great fabric bag last day of school. I've already filled it with snacks for the plane, handsanitizer, sun glasses, etc. I still have to pack my phone charger and the computer. But otherwise I'm pretty much ready for my African adventure.

2 comments:

  1. What a great opportunity! I'll be happy to follow along on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a GREAT time! I already want to put in a reservation for you to come talk with my classes next year when we are in our AFRICA unit!

    ReplyDelete